Accelerated Learning in Mathematics
Free virtual synchronous mathematics professional learning series to help educators accelerate the learning of mathematics
Are you strategic about how you plan to address current and ongoing learning gaps?
Are you seeking better ways to provide just-in-time interventions during the school day that do not replace daily, grade-level instruction and are designed on the basis of the results from effective formative assessments?
Do your want access to a newly created document to identify which PA Core mathematics standards have critical prerequisites from the prior grade level that may interfere with a student’s ability to access grade-level content in grades K-Algebra I?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then AIU MSC has an opportunity for you!
Participants will learn:
• assessment strategies for identifying unfinished learning
• how to utilize just-in-time learning opportunities
• how to support conceptual understanding versus skill and drill
• ideas for organizing the math block for accelerated learning
• how to use edtech tools strategically
• how to leveraging afterschool providers and caregivers to support remediation efforts